Fruit Salad With Lemon And Ginger Syrup – Food recipes
Serves 4 Calories 219 fat 0.4g
Preparation 20mins (plus 2 hours chilling) cooking time 5mins
- 3 nectarines, stoned and sliced
- 227g Punnet strawberries, sliced
- 3 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cantaloupe or charentais melon, deseeded and sliced
- Extra thick cream, to serve (optional)
- For the syrup
- 125g (40z) golden sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 10cm (4in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
To make the syrup, place the sugar in a small, heavy-based saucepan, add the lemon juice and ginger and gently heat, until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 minutes, Strain through a sieve, discarding the ginger.
Place the prepared fruits in individual glass bowls or a large glass bowl and pour over the warm syrup, Toss gently and chill for up to 2 hours. Serve with some extra thick cream, if wished.
Check this Desserts Healthy Recipe: MANGO OAT CRUNCH